Back to Basics Food
By Greenhouse Team On February 10, 2011
This is what happens at the start of each day at the Greenhouse…
- Grain is milled into flour for bread, pasta, pizza and pastries.
- Oats are rolled to order.
- Juices are all freshly squeezed.
- Yoghurt and butter are made fresh.
- The menu is based on what is available locally and in season.
- A wood fired oven is used the whole day;
Early morning for breads and pastries, pizza’s and flat breads at lunch. We also use the wood fired oven to prepare roast dinners.
- The oil from the 3 Miele deep fryers is turned into diesel that provides all the electricity for the Greenhouse.
The food philosophy is also based on a ‘back to basics’ approach.